Closing date for applications: July 10th, 2018
Institut Pasteur, Universidade de São Paulo (USP) and Fundação Oswaldo Cruz (Fiocruz) wish to develop their scientific cooperation activities in the areas of research, training and teaching in Brasil.
Institut Pasteur is launching an international call for applications for researchers in the life sciences who wish to create one research groups within the Scientific Platform Pasteur-USP, recently created and integrating the InovaUSP Center, localized in the Universidade de São Paulo campus, São Paulo.
The scientist leading the group must propose a multidisciplinary, innovative and ambitious international research program joining the scientific strategy of the Scientific Platform Pasteur-USP, such as study of emerging or re-emerging vector-borne infectious diseases, impact of brain viral or parasitic infections on major neurological diseases, relationship between the immune responses triggered by infectious processes and brain damage. Translational medicine and transversal approaches must be prioritized, more specifically dealing with immunopathological approaches.
The candidate must have a 5 years’ experience as investigator or a 3-7 years well succeeded post-doctoral experience in an international institution.
Selection criteria for the proposal
- The quality of the project proposed;
- The contribution and the development of a new skill to benefit to the Scientific Platform Pasteur-USP;
- The cooperation planned with research institutes and universities at local, regional and international level;
- The feasibility of the project (suitable co-funding, achievable actions).
- The long term perspective of the project within the platform :
- The adequacy of the project with the research strategy of the Scientific Platform Pasteur-USP,
- The adequacy of the team to the project,
- The capacity to raise new funding / apply to research grants.
Selection criteria for the applicant
- Holds a doctoral degree;
- Has international post-doctoral experience (3-8 years);
- Shows high quality scientific results with very good publications of an international standard;
- Has obtained contracts for funding and research as principal investigator of a project or part of a project;
- Has the ability to manage and train young scientists;
- Open to all nationalities;
- Has a salary assured for the period of the 4-years research group (permanent position, salary grant…).
Conditions of funding
Candidates selected will be appointed head of a research group for 4 years. Successful candidates will benefit from an initial subsidy to cover expenses of functioning of the group such as small equipment, missions. Candidates will have access to the facilities of the host Institute. It is assumed that the young researcher will obtain fresh funding needed to maintain his/her group for the longer term.
- End-May 2018: launch of the Call for Applications
- July 10th, 2018: closing date for applications
- October 2018: communication of selection results
- December 2018: starting of the G4
Applications must include:
- A cover letter;
- A curriculum vitae including the 5 most significant publications and the contribution to significant grants;
- A complete list of publication;
- A brief summary of previous accomplishment (2 pages plus references);
- The future research plans for the G4 including a schedule for the 4 next years and a budget plan for the first year (4 pages plus references);
- Three recommendations letters.
All documents will be sent in pdf format to G4-SPPU-Application@pasteur.fr