The purpose of the internship os to reinforce the intern's skills in his/her field of research and to reinforce the capacities of the institute of origin.
Any subject covered by a Pasteur Network institute laboratory: research into infectious diseases (infectious physiopathology, immunology, microbiology, epidemiology, virology, parasitology) and public health activities (diagnosis, monitoring, resistance, etc.). It must be consistent with the candidate’s research area.
A selection committee decides how to allocate internship grants depending on the project’s relevance, the objectives of the internship and research programmes of the candidate’s institute.
The candidate must be a scientist from a Pasteut Network institute : a Master 2 degree student, a PhD student, a technician/engineer or a researcher (postdoctoral fellow included).
2 weeks to 3 months; 6 months exclusively for Master’s internships
1100 euros per month to cover subsistence costs, transport costs are in charge of the candidate's institute.
Call for applications:
One call for applications per year
The application must include :
• Letter from the Director of your institute
• Recommandation letter from your supervisor
• For an internship in the Pasteur Network, with exception of the Institut Pasteur: the opinion of the director of the host institute
• For an internship in the Institut Pasteur: a letter from the head of the host unit.
• Call for applications : 15th December
• Closing date for applications : March 05th
• Selection Committee meeting beginning of April
• Decision notice : from May for internships in the Pasteur Network and July for internships in the Institut Pasteur in Paris
Any incomplete application by the deadline will be rejected.
To find an internship within the Pasteur Network, you can consult the Pasteur Network Database
The successful candidate will submit a report to Marianne Lucas-Hourani, International Division, no later than one month after the end of the traineeship. He commits to appear on all documents (internship report, slides, summary, etc..) logo of the Institut Pasteur, and to cite in the acknowledgments include the Institut Pasteur International Division for financial support.
CONTACT: Marianne Lucas-Hourani