The Search Committee for Director of the Institute Pasteur invites expressions of interest from potential candidates for the position of Director of the Institute. The Search Committee for Director of the Institute Pasteur welcomes letters of interest accompanied by curriculum vitae. Please send all letters and other inquiries by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. Pasteur Search Committee (SC)
Chairman of Search Committee:
- Edith Heard, Director General of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany.
II. Job description of the Director of the Institut Pasteur
List of candidate’s experience and qualities:
- Proven track record of outstanding research and world class reputation as a researcher in a relevant field
- Extensive International experience
- Ability to define and execute a strategic vision for the institute and the international network
- Proven track record managing a large complex international organization
- Experience in establishing effective strategic relationships with industry partners
- Experience in translational research
- Excellent communication skills in French and English
- A reputation for the highest standards of integrity and ethical leadership
- Less than 67 years at the start of the job (six-year term of office; possibility of four-year for second terms)
III. Process of Recruitment
The SC will organize meetings (video conferences) to establish a list of suitable candidates (between 8-12) that will be invited for initial interviews in Paris. Short-listed candidates (2-4 max) will have an opportunity to visit the Institut Pasteur and meet various members of the community prior to the final decision by the Board of Directors. (See process below.)
The SC will inform the Board of Directors at regular intervals of progress on the recruitment procedure.
Step 1: May 2021-September 2022
- Launch of the call for expressions of interest from candidates
- Advertisement in international and national journals and websites
Step 2: September/October 2022
- Evaluate potential candidates to determine a short list of 8-12 persons.
Step 3: November 2022-January 2023
- Initial interviews with selected candidates in Paris, then 2-4 candidates will be shortlisted by the SC.
Step 4: January 2023-March 2023
- Short-listed candidates will visit the Institut Pasteur
o Presentation of candidates to Heads of Departments and Institut Pasteur administration
o Meeting with the Scientific Council in spring 2023
Step 5: Spring 2023
- Appointment of the Director of the Institut Pasteur by the Board of Directors by a majority of 2/3.
Step 6: January 2024
- Beginning of the first mandate of six years.