- Institut Pasteur
- Nous soutenir
Institut Pasteur Unit Oncogenesis and Nuclear Organization, INSERM U993
(Director : Anne DEJEAN ; Principal Investigator : Oliver BISCHOF)
Institut Pasteur, Paris.
Applications are invited to apply for a postdoctoral research position within the Oncogenesis and Nuclear Organization Unit at the Pasteur Institut in Paris. We are looking for a talented and motivated post-doctoral student interested in joining our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on one of several open projects involving the identification and characterization of the senescence phenotype with an emphasis on chromatin structurefunction and non-coding RNAs.
Candidates should be highly motivated, committed and have clear career goals.
Experience in senescence and cancer research would be an asset but are not crucial. A strong background in molecular and cellular biology techniques with a special emphasis on chromatin structure-function analysis and noncoding RNAs are essential. Moreoever, the candidate should have had significant exposure to the bioinformatic analysis of NGS data and should be familiar with culturing of primary cells, retroviral and lentiviral infections and sh/siRNA-mediated silencing. All applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in life sciences or equivalent experience and minimum one first-author publication published or in press in peerreviewed international journals. Institut Pasteur provides an excellent research infrastructure including many core facilities and support structures. For informal enquiries regarding the posititon, please, contact Dr. Oliver BISCHOF at firstname.lastname@example.org or +33140613307.
Please, send CV, letter of motivation and name/address of 3 referees to Dr. Oliver BISCHOF (email@example.com). or by regular mail to D. Oliver BISCHOF Institut Pasteur, Unité d'Organisation Nucleaire et Oncogenese (ONO), INSERM U993, Bat. Andre Lwoff, 28, rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris cedex 15, France.
Closing date : March 2013
Interviews: April 2013.
Recent Publications :
1. A New Player in PML-mediated Cellular Senescence: TBX2 Gets into the Loop (2012). Martin N, Dejean A, Bischof O. Med Sci (Paris). 2012 Mar;28(3):248-50.
2. Benhamed, M., Herbig, U. Dejean, A. and Bischof, O. (2012). Senescence is an Endogenous Trigger for MicroRNA-Mediated Transcriptional Gene Silencing in Human Cells. Nat. Cell Biol. 26;14(3):266-75. doi: 10.1038/ncb2443.
3. Nadine Martin, Moussa Benhamed, Karim Nacerddine, Maud Demarque, Maarten van Lohuizen, Anne Dejean and Oliver Bischof. (2011). Physical and Functional Interaction between PML and TBX2 in Cellular Senescence EMBO J. 14;31(1):95-109.
4. Martin, N., Schwamborn, K., Schreiber, V., Werner, A., Guillier, C., Zhang, X.D., Bischof, O., Seeler, J.S., Dejean, A. (2009). PARP-1 transcriptional activity is regulated by sumoylation upon heat shock. EMBO J. 22:3534-48.
5. Bischof, O., Pineau, P., and Dejean A. (2009). A Re-View of Cellular Senescence : Friend or Foe in Tumor Suppression. Médicine et Sciences, 25 :153-60.
6. Carter, S., Bischof, O., Dejean, A. and Vousden, K. (2007). C-terminal modifications regulate MDM2 dissociation and nuclear export of p53. Nat. Cell Biol., 9: 428-435.
7. Bischof, O. and Dejean, A. (2007). SUMO is Growing Senescent. Cell Cycle 6, 677-681.
8. Kumar, P.*, Bischof, O.*, Purbey, P.K., Notani, D., Urlaub, H., Dejean, A. and Galande, S. (2007).
Functional Interaction between PML and SATB1 Regulates Chromatin Loop Architecture and Transcription of the MHC class I Locus. (* Co-first authors). Nat. Cell Biol., 9:45-56.
9. Seeler J.S., Bischof O., Nacerddine K. and Dejean A. (2007). SUMO, the three Rs and Cancer.Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia: Mechanisms and Targets. Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol., 313:49-71.
10. Bischof, O., Schwamborn, K., Martin, N., Werner, A., Sustmann, C., Grosschedl, R. and Dejean, A. (2006). The E3 SUMO Ligase PIASy is a Novel Regulator of Cellular Senescence and Apoptosis. Mol Cell 22, 783-794.