The CIP will not be able to handle requests or process orders and shipments of strains from June 1st to July 5th 2017.
We apologize for this inconvenience.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
The CIP Team
2) - Strains obtained from CIP must not be redistributed in other laboratories or Collections. This is vital to avoid contamination and for incorrect numbering of the strain after its arrival in the client’s laboratory.
Strains are distributed exclusively to public, private and teaching establishments with a microbiology laboratory. For some strains, the order must be accompanied by a discharge of responsibility:
• For strains marked "x": Discharge of responsibility D
• For strains marked "xx": Discharge of responsibility X
No discharge of responsibility is required for the strains on the list of strains distributed to teaching establishments (Official Journal of 6/11/1973),.
No level 3 pathogenic strains are supplied to teaching establishments.
The distribution of certain protected strains requires a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA).
Regulation of transportation
Click here for further information concerning the regulation for transportation of infectious materials.
Order forms via Internet
This site offers registered users the possibility of completing their order forms from a list of selected products or by consulting the full catalogue on-line.
All requests should be addressed in writing (mail or fax). Order forms should be accompanied by covering letter on the official letterheading of the establishment concerned and sent to:
Centre de Ressources Biologiques de l’Institut Pasteur (CRBIP)
25, rue du Docteur Roux
75724 PARIS CEDEX 15
Fax: 33 (0)1 40 61 30 07
If you are a new customer
To register, click on chapter XII "Creating your account" on the home page. During the registration process, the user is asked to choose a user name (maximum of 10 characters, both letters and numbers may be used) and a password (maximum of 8 characters, both letters and numbers may be used). These authentication parameters are strictly personal and are requested every time the user connects to the site. To modify the chosen parameters, click on "Modify your authentication parameters" on the home page. If you forget your user name or password, they may be sent to you by e-mail when you log-on. Click on the link "Forgotten your user name or password?" on the home page.
Generating an order form from the site
• Login on the home page and proceed to the catalogue ;
• Identify the material from the group of collections, using the available search options ;
• Tick the appropriate boxes and select the material and quantities and "Add to cart" ;
• Repeat to add further material required to your cart ;
• Go to the "Your cart", check and make any modification before selecting "order"
• This generates your order form, follow instruction given to download your order form (or other documents in some cases), to be sent to the CRBIP. The contents of the order form and the delivery address can subsequently be modified if necessary by clicking on the links "Modify the contents of the order" and "Modify the client and/or delivery address."
Please MARK YOUR ORDER NUMBER at the top of the document, which should be printed on HEADED NOTEPAPER from your company/institution and signed. Transport costs, which will be communicated to you once your order has been received, must be added to the price of the products.
If it is not possible to follow the above procedure, the order form should carry:
• The delivery address, telephone and fax numbers ;
• The billing address, telephone and fax numbers ;
• The name of the person placing the order ;
• The number and date of the order.
A client form is completed when the first order is placed.