The CRBIP facilitates the access of these biological resources to clients, researchers and ensures that they remain available in the future for a sustainable use.
• The CRBIP distributes its biological resources in France and abroad following safety standards for health and the environment in compliance with regulations and laws, and ensuring maximum traceability.
• In addition, it is enriched permanently integrating new collections and diversifying existing collections.
Moreover, CRBIP regularly enriches itself in integrating new strains.
Freeze-dried bacteria are preserved and stored in the CIP
The CRBIP includes the following collections:
- CIP, Collection of the Institut Pasteur (bacteria and viruses);
- PCC, Cyanobacteria Collection;
- ICAReB, Investigational Clinical service and Access to Research Bio-resources
CRBIP is also involved in a quality approach focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. CIP was first certified in 1998 (ISO 9002), and its certification was extended to other collections when creating the CRBIP (ISO 9001 and then NF S96 900).
Since 2009, it is the specific reference to biological resources centers (BRCs) for the French standard NF S96-900.
The management quality system of the CRBIP covers activities such as acquisition, production, control, preservation and biological resources distribution of bacteria, viruses, cyanobacteria and human biological samples.
• The CRBIP is for the scientific community and opened to innovation, being involved in:
- BIOBANQUES project since 2010 . www.biobanques.eu
- MIRRI steering committee since 2009. . www.mirri.org
- Development of the ISO standard for BRCs with AFNOR.
- Implementation of the Nagoya Protocol www.cbd.int/abs/doc/protocol/nagoya-protocol-fr.pdf
- Coordination in the development of the BRC management software: BRC-LIMS
- Creation of the one-stop-shop of BIOASTER.