- Institut Pasteur
- Support us
DEADLINE: April 30th, 2015
Institut Pasteur help the creation of “4-year Group” (G4) within institutes from the Institut Pasteur International Network. For this call, a special focus will be to develop groups in Cambodia, Vietnam, Côte d'Ivoire, Madagascar, Niger, and Senegal.
International research project
Young group leader will be recruted to develop innovative research programs on infectious, neglected and tropical diseases. Outstanding candidates proposing very good quality project in microbiology, virology, immunology, genetics, epidemiology or entomology are highly encouraged to apply. Projects may target one or several institutes of the Institut Pasteur International Network. Transversal projects including epidemiology, virology, entomology and partnerships with national and international universities would be highly appreciated.
Selection criteria for the unit project
- the quality of the project proposed ;
- contribution and development of a new skill benefiting the host institute ;
- how the project fits in with research objectives in the countries concerned ;
- cooperation envisaged with local, regional and international teaching and research institutions ;
- feasibility of the project submitted (suitable funding, achievable actions, etc.)
Selection criteria for the candidate
- Quality of the scientific results with very good level publications ;
- Holding a PhD and experiencing post-doctoral degree abroad in an internationally ranked laboratory for at least 3 years (between 3 and 8 years) ;
- Funding and research contracts obtained as a lead researcher ;
- Ability to manage and train junior scientists ;
320,000€ over 4 years from the Institut Pasteur added to the in-kind contribution of host institute may include the salaries of the group leader and technicians and basic laboratory equipments.