Closing date for applications: March 1st, 2018
Fondation Mérieux, Institut Pasteur and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) wish to strengthen their collaborations in the areas of research, training and teaching in China.
Fondation Mérieux, Institut Pasteur and the CAS are jointly launching an international call for applications for young researchers in the life sciences who wish to create one research groups within the Institut Pasteur of Shanghai – Chinese Academy of Sciences (IPS-CAS), member institute of the Institut Pasteur International Network (IPIN).
The young scientist leading the group must propose a multidisciplinary, innovative and ambitious international research program in infectious, tropical or neglected diseases in collaboration with the BSL4 laboratory, localized in Wuhan Institute of Virology – Chinese Academy of Sciences. A previous experience of the candidate in the domain of viral hemorrhagic fever will be appreciated well as an experience in « Pathogen Diagnostic » et « Pathogen Discovery » approaches.
The candidate has international post-doctoral experience (3-8 years maximum after the PhD).
Selection criteria for the proposal
- The quality of the project proposed;
- The contribution and the development of a new skill to benefit the host establishment, IPS-CAS;
- The adequacy of the project with the research objectives of IPS-CAS;
- The scientific cooperation with the BSL4 of Wuhan Institute of Virology - CAS;
- The cooperation planned with research institutes and universities at local, regional and international teaching and research institutions;
- The feasibility of the project (suitable funding, achievable actions).
Selection criteria for the applicant
- Holds a doctoral degree;
- Has international post-doctoral experience (3-8 years);
- Shows high quality scientific results with very good publications of an international standard;
- Has obtained contracts for funding and research as principal investigator of a project or part of a project;
- Has the ability to manage and train young scientists;
- Experience for 3 to 5 years in manipulation in biosafety laboratory (BSL3 or BSL4);
- Open to all nationalities;
- Is resident in a country other than the country of the establishment hosting the G4, or has been resident in the latter for less than two years.
Conditions of funding
Candidates selected will be appointed head of a research group for 4 years. Successful candidates will receive start-up funding that may include salaries for the head of the group, engineers, technicians and doctoral students (budget dedicated to salaries cannot exceed 50% of the start-up funding), basic laboratory equipment and an operating budget. Candidates will have access to the facilities of the host Institute. It is assumed that the young researcher will obtain fresh funding needed to maintain his/her group for the longer term.
- December 22, 2017: launch of the Call for Applications
- March 1st, 2018: closing date for applications
- April 2018: decision of the Steering Committee
Applications are completed exclusively online on the dedicated platform: http://g4.pasteur-international.org
Contact: Marianne Lucas-Hourani