- Added Scott Samuel's Transformation protocole
- Added link to Brookhaven National Laboratory B. burgdorferi sequencing project in home page
- Added link to 1999 International Leptospirosis Conference in Conferences
- Added the new species Borrelia lusitaniae (was Group PotiB2) and Borrelia valaisiana (was Groups VS116 and M19) to list of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato strains
- Added link to Pasteur Mérieux Connaught (Lyme Disease vaccine clinical trials) in Commercial Companies and Lyme Disease Pages
- Added links to preliminary Borrelia burgdorferi chromosome sequence and TBLASTN search in Borrelia burgdorferi web pages
Added link to III Gordon Conference on Biology of Spirochetes in Conferences
Updated address for Canine Lyme Disease pages to http://www.bakerinstitute.vet.cornell.edu/Faculty/Appel/Appel-RKS/Lyme/Lyme.htm
Added link to complete gyrB sequence in Gene-protein index (Group IIIA7)
Updated Spirochete Group
- Updated address for intestinal spirochete pages to http://www.nadc.ars.usda.gov/spiroch/
- Added link to web pages of Marina Cinci lab in Lyme Disease Servers and Other Spirochete Servers
- Added link to web page of Cathy Lawson in Spirochete Researchers Web Pages
Added link to Clinical Leptospirosis from the book Leptospira and Leptospirosis by S Faine in Other Spirochete Servers
- Added link to International Leptospirosis Society in Other Spirochaete Servers
Added link to the Library of the Institute Pasteur's links to Journals on Linein Journals and Publishers
- Added link to Molecular Microbiology in Publishers, Journals & Documents
- Added link to web page of Scott Samuels in Spirochaete Reserchers Web Pages
- Added link to Genome sequencing projects to Servers (Molecular Biology)
- Added link to US Army Lyme Disease Risk Assessments in Servers (Lyme Disease)
Updated Spirochete Group and Publications
- Added link to European Union Concerted Action on Lyme Borreliosis server in Servers (Lyme Disease)
- Added The Royal Society, The Royal Society for Chemistry, The British Electrophoresis Society, American Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Federation of European Biochemical Societies, International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
and updated URL for the Society for General Microbiology in Learned Societies
- Added First International Virtual Conference On Infectious Diseases Of Animals to Servers (Conferences)
Added hyperlinks to this file to aid finding of updates
- Added Novagen and Ingenius to Servers (Commercial)
- Added Barbados Leptospirosis Laboratory to Links (Other Spirochaetes)
- Added Tick X tick extractor to Links (Lyme Disease).
- Updated links to CUTG codon usage tables and added links to B. andersonii, B. japonica, B. anserina, B. coriaceae, B. crocidurae, B. parkeri, B. turicatae, B. miyamotai and Borrelia species.
- Added The Intestinal Spirochete Home Page to Links (Other Spirochetes)
- Added bbu (histone-like protein) sequence lists. Updated ospA, p83/100 and fla sequence lists.
- Added Tickweb to Links (Lyme Disease)
- Corrected ospC sequence lists:
Strains E61, H9, Orth and JSB are B. afzelii isolates.
Strains H13, KL10, KL11, NBS1ab, M57, W and VSDA are B. garinii isolates.
(Mol. Microbiol. 18: 257-269 (1995).). Thanks to Ian Livey.
- Added to Strain List (B. garinii):
- Added recA & D6 gene to sequences lists
Added recA & D6 gene to Gene-protein index
Added to Links (Conferences):
Preliminary Program for VII International Conference on Lyme Borreliosis
Added to Links (Learned Societies):
American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Added lon & bmpD to sequences
Added lon & bmpD to Gene-protein index
- Added to Links (Lyme Disease):
ACP initiative on Lyme Disease
- Added to Links (Learned Societies):
American College of Physicians
- Home page translated into French.
- Added FAQ with registration form to receive automatic E.mail message when the home page is updated.
- Added links to Searchable index of pages on the Pasteur server, addresses and Web pages of Spirochaete Researchers and the Spirochaete List Server.
- Major restructuring of gene-protein index to allow rapid expansion as genome is sequenced.
Addition of following genes to sequences & Gene-protein index:
divIB, flbA, flbB, flbC, flbD, flgB, flgC, flgE, flhA, flhB, flhF, fliE, fliF, fliG, fliH, fliI fliM, fliN, fliP, fliQ, fliR, fliZ, ftsA, ftsZ, ftsQ, ftsW, gidA, gidB, hslU, hslV, LP, LPA, LPB, motA, motB, moxR, mraY, murF, orf7, orf18, orf19, orf20, orf25, orf38, orf37, orf36, orf230, orf-A, orf-B, orf-C, orf-D, orfA, orfB, orfC, orfD, orfE, orfF, orfG, p66, proV, REP+, REP-, REV, smf, smg, thdF, ylxG, ylxH.
- Added to Links (B. burgdorferi):
PUMA & Genobase B. burgdorferi pages, CUTG codon usage tables & RNAase P RNA structure.
- Added to Links (Lyme Disease):
Lyme Borreliosis (Texas Department of Health), Lyme Disease Home Page, Lyme Disease information, Tick borne diseases, Eric Logigian, M.D.'s Lyme Encephalopathy, University of Nebraska Lyme Disease & tick management, Thomas Jefferson University Lyme Disease, Support Groups, Lyme Disease (University of Rhode Island), Introduction to Spirochaetes (Berkeley), American Lyme disease foundation, Bug bytes: Lyme Disease, Planet Esmond Lyme Disease, Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine Canine Lyme Disease, Ron Ferris' Lyme Disease - Don't Let it happen to you, Richard C. Russell's Lyme Disease in Australia?, Brain-SPECT: Lyme Disease images, Sanochemia Borreliosis, UBSCC Newslerrer: Lyme Disease Lyme Disease Discussion group from
Updated in Links (Lyme Disease):
Links to The Lyme Disease Network and Dr Burransco's treatment guidelines.
- Added to Links (Ticks):
Lyme Disease survey and Ticks, Deer tick x500 enlarged, Common hard ticks, Mites & Ticks (Berkley) & tick-transmitted diseases in Oklahoma.
- Added to Links (Other Spirochaetes):
Syphilis fact sheet, syphilis information, CSMC Syphilis, Leptospira Molecular Genetics server, Dr Roger Marshall's Infobrook Leptospira veterinary server, Microbial Zoo: Leptospira interrogans & Spirochaete in cow rumen, AAEP Answerline: Leptospirosis, Serpulina hyodysenteriae, Introduction to the bacteria, CDC Leptospirosis & Weil's Disease pages.
- Added to Links (Conferences):
Chronic Lyme Disease conference, I International Leptospirosis conference & 1st International Conference on Emerging Zoonoses.
- Added to Links (Molecular Biology & Microbiology Servers):
Bugs in the news, The Microbial Undreground, Cells Alive, MSDN (Microbial Strains Data Network), Dictionary of Cell Biology, TIGR (The Institute For Genome Research).
- Added to Links (Commercial Companies):
Inteegra Biosciences, Kodak, R & D Systems.
- Added to Links (Learned Societies):
American College of Rheumatology, Institute of Biology, Biochemical Society & Royal Society of Edinburgh.
Updated Link for Society for General Microbiology
- Added to Links (Publishers & Journals):
Annual Review of Biochemistry, Annual Review of Microbiology, Cell, European Molecular Biology Network Newsletter,EMBO Journal, Journal of Immunology, Journal of Molecular Biology, New Scientist, Science, Academic Press, Cambridge University Press, Chapman & Hall, Elsevier, ISI & Thomson.
- List of members of Spirochaete Group & Publications updated.
- Counter added to home page
- NCBI Taxonomy brower added to Links (Tools)
- NIH grants for Borrelia research (Crisp Gopher) added to Links (B. burgdorferi)
- Gordon Conference on Biology of Spirochetes and VII International Congress on Lyme Borreliosis added to Links (Conferences).
- Nature and Journal of Biological Chemistry added to Links (Journals).
- S1 & S2 added to Gene Index
- Turku added to Links (Conferences).
- rpoB, rpoC, ospG &bapA added to Gene Index.
- Outdated Medline hyperlinks changed to Entrez hyperlinks.
- DNA sequence hyperlinks changed following tranfer of Genbank databases from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov to www2.ncbi.nlm.gov
- List of members of Spirochete Groups & publications updated.
- nagB added to Gene-protein index.
- Lyme Fact sheet & diagnostic hints added to Links (Lyme Disease).
- Haemophilus genome database added to Links (Molecular Biology & Microbiology Servers)
- abp, cheW, hbbU, orfH and orfR added to sequences & Gene-protein index.
- Rocky Mountain Labs & Borrelia electroporation protocol added to Links (B. burgdorferi)
- Gordon conferences added to Links (Conferences).
- Server transferred to Institute Pasteur's WWW server
- IV Gordon Conference on Biology of the Spirochetes added to Links (Conferences) and both Lepto and Borrelia Welcome pages. Link updated GORDON Conf
- Willy Burgdorfer Web Page deleted (wrong URL)
- Updating of URL T. pallidum Molecular Genetics server
- Server initiated
Back to homepage