Dr Jean-Yves Tinevez
Areas of interest/expertise:
- Image analysis for Life Sciences, Digital-imaging techniques, Microscopy, Micro-manipulation, Cell Biology.
- 2002 – March 2006 PhD at the Institut Curie (Paris, France), biophysics field. Field: sensory biophysics, active detection by the inner ear.
- 2001 - 2002 DEA (master): Interface Physique-Biologie of Paris 7 / Paris 11. Magistère of Physics of the École Normale Supérieure (ENS) - Lyon.
- 1998 - 2001 École Normale Supérieur de Lyon scholarship. License of Physics, Maîtrise of Physics. “Agrégation" of Physics.
- Oct. 2007 - now Head of the Image Processing Facility, Max-Planck Institute for Cellular Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG, Dresden, Germany).
- Oct. 2007 Founder of the Image Processing Facility at the MPI-CBG.
- April 2006 – Sept. 2007 Post-doc in the laboratory of Dr. Paluch, MPI-CBG. Field: cellular biophysics, force generation by cells.
- Tinevez JY, Jülicher F, Martin P. Biophys J. 2007 Dec 1;93(11):4053-67
Unifying the various incarnations of active hair-bundle motility by the vertebrate hair cell.
- Renaud Boistel, Nicolas Polletc, Jean-Yves Tinevez, Peter Cloetens and Michel Schlenkerh.
Irradiation damage to frog inner ear during synchrotron radiation tomographic investigation.Pages 37-41Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena, Volume 170, Issues 1-3, March 2009.
- Contributions, support and management of the Fiji project (http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de, duties included organizing two meetings, fundraising).