The Institut Pasteur opens a tenured Research Engineer position to recruit the head of its proteomics core facility. This facility is part of the Proteopole and is attached to a recently created Structural Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Research Unit headed by Dr. Julia Chamot-Rooke.
The candidate will
- Manage an advanced proteomics group
- Develop a wide range of services based on robust procedures.
- Oversee instrumentation
- Collaborate with the teams on the Pasteur campus and elsewhere
- Support and train in-house scientists
- Apply for grants for equipment
- Undertake technology development together with the Unit and other groups
Required qualifications, experience and skills
- PhD in mass spectrometry, analytical biochemistry or related areas
- Extensive practical experience in proteomics (ideally on a core facility)
- Experience in the field of quantitative and qualitative mass spectrometry including sample preparation, analytics, data processing and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in reading and speaking English and good level in French
- Successful interdisciplinary collaborations
- Experience in grant acquisition and project management
- The possibility to work on interesting scientific projects in an international and exciting environment
- Tenured position
- State-of-the-art instrumentation
Deadline for applications: 30 November 2012
1. A brief introductory letter.
2. A Curriculum Vitae and a full publication list.
3. A description of past and present activities, experience and skills (up to 8 pages with 1.5 spacing).