The Institut Pasteur in Paris announces an international call for outstanding candidates to establish independent research groups at all levels in the Department of Parasitology and Mycology and to develop research programs on pathogenic eukaryotic microorganisms (parasites or fungi) and/or their insect vectors.
Applications for the position of group leader will be accepted before 31 December 2012, and will be evaluated on the basis of scientific excellence and complementarity with existing research goals of the department.
An attractive start-up package will include the salary for the group leader, a three-year postdoctoral position, a technician, part-time secretarial assistance, a substantial contribution to running costs and equipment, and access to on-campus facilities including state-of-the-art technology platforms.
The application should comprise the following (in order) in a single pdf file:
1. A brief introductory letter.
2. A Curriculum Vitae and a full publication list.
3. A description of past and present research activities (4-5 pages with 1.5 spacing).
4. The proposed research project (8-10 pages with 1.5 spacing).
5. The names of 3 scientists from whom letters of recommendation can be sought, together with the names of scientists with a potential conflict of interest from whom evaluations should not be requested.
Applications and requests for information should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Further information on Institute and on-campus facilities can be found on the web site http://www.pasteur.fr
. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview in early in 2013 and decisions will be announced by June 2013.