Brief Curriculum Vitae
Cristina Ciornei PhD., MSc.
Scientific training and positions held:
2009- Maternity leave
2008- Biomedical laboratory technologist at the Department of Nephrology, Lund, Sweden
2007 –2006 - Postdoctoral researcher at Unit Cytokines & Inflammation, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France, grant acquired from French Association Vaincre la Mucoviscidose.
2005-2004 – Postdoctoral researcher at Department of Surgery, Malmö University Hospital, Malmö, Sweden.
2004- Acquired a grant from Regiment Doctor Hartelli Foundation as visiting scientist at Institut Pasteur, Paris, France, Unit Cytokines & Inflammation.
2004-2001 -Ph.D student at Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Lund, Sweden.
2003- participant at Nobel Symposia 124, Sepsis and septic shock, Stockholm, Sweden.
2001-1997 – Biomedical laboratory technologist at the Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Lund University Hospital, Sweden.
1997-1994 - Laboratory technologist at the Department of Physiology and Neuroscience University of Lund, Sweden.
The Radiometer Prize Competition 2001 .The 26th Congress: A succsessful ebent north of the Arctic Circle. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica, 2001, CD Ciornei, A. Egesten, A. Engström,K. Törnebrandt, M. Bodelsson, Lund, Sweden.
2004 - Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.), Faculty of Medicine, University of Lund, Sweden. Titel: Vascular actions of antimicrobial peptides
2001 - Master of Science (MSc.), Faculty of Medicine, University of Lund, Sweden. Titel Induction of nitric oxide synthase expression and function of vascular smooth muscle cells and blood vessels in vitro
2000 - Bachelor of Biomedical Laboratory Science (BSc.), University of Lund, Sweden. Titel Bactericidal permeability increasing protein reduces lipopolysaccaride-induced increase in nitric oxide syntehesis in rat aorta
1994 - Bachelor of Morphological cell biology, College of health sciences Lund-Helsingborg, Sweden. Titel: Anatomical location and distribution of fetal motoneurons in the developing rat lumbar spinal cord
1. Ciornei CD, Novikov A, Beloin C, Fitting C, Caroff M, Ghigo JM, Cavaillon JM, Adib-Conquy M. Innate Immun. 2009 Aug 26. Biofilm-forming Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria undergo lipopolysaccharide structural modifications and induce enhanced inflammatory cytokine response in human monocytes.
2. Ciornei C.D., Tapper H., Bjartell A., Sternby NH., and Bodelsson M. Human antimicrobial peptide LL-37 is present in atherosclerotic plaques and induces apoptosis in vascular smooth muscle cells- a laboratory study. BMC Cadiovascular disorders, Dec 20: 6(1), 49, 2006.
3. Ciornei C.D., Sigurdardottir T., Schmidtchen A. and Bodelsson M. Antimicrobial and Chemoattractant Activity, Lipopolysaccharide Neutralization, Cytotoxicity, and Inhibition by Serum of Analogs of Human Cathelicidin LL-37. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005 Jul;49
4. Ciornei Cristina Daria, (Doctoral thesis): Vascular actions of antimicrobial peptides, Date of issue: september 24, 2004. Abstract in Acta Anaestesiol Scand 50(5)-631 May, 2006.
5. Ciornei C.D., Egesten A. and Bodelsson M. Effects of human cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide LL-37 on lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide release from rat aorta in vitro. Acta Anaestesiol Scand, 2003; 47: 213-220.
6. Ciornei C.D., Egesten A., Engström, M., Törnebrandt K. and Bodelsson M. Bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein inhibits endotoxin-induced vascular nitric oxide synthesis. Acta Anaestesiol Scand, 2002; 46: 1111-1118.
Current address: Karl XI-Gata 8A, 222 20 Lund, Sweden
E mail: email@example.com