Center for Human Immunology - Technology Platform
The CIH Technology Platform
The CIH Technology Platform supports biomedical research on the Institut Pasteur campus and in the community by providing fee-for-service access to cutting edge technologies located in a Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2 or P2+) laboratory. In addition, it provides collaborative research space for member laboratories. Key technologies include:
• AutoMACS (Miltenyi Biotec) - magnetic cell sorter, for rapid enrichment of bulk populations. Upon request to Gaele@miltenyibiotec.fr
• Magpix – Bead-based ELISA technology that permits simultaneous quantification of up to 50 analytes in a single microplate well. Upon request to email@example.com
• OmniViz - statistical software for visual analysis of numerical, categorical and sequence data in a single integrated environment.
• ImageStreamX (Amnis): Imaging flow cytometer that combines the advantages of flow cytometry with those of quantitative cell imaging. It allows for individual cells in suspension to be imaged such that 2D "snapshots" of cellular fluorescence is recorded in 12 spectrally distinct channels. With an event rate of around 1,000 cells/sec, cells are illuminated by brightfield lamp, bkue (488nm), green (561nm), violet (405nm) and red (658nm) laser, analysed by detection of 10 different flurophores and image with a magnification of 20x, 40x, 60x. Upon request 2 days to firstname.lastname@example.org
• LSR II (BD) – 4-laser (blue, red, violet and UV) cytometer that allows analysis of cells by 17 different parameters
• BioMark (Fluidigm) – A system for high-throughput real-time qPCR. This system allows the analysis of single cells, making it an ideal companion instrument to our ability to sort single cells into 96-well plates using the FACS Aria II. The BioMark system is designed for gene expression studies, high throughput genotyping and determination of copy number variation (CNV)
• Fully equipped BSL2+ tissue culture facility
A microscope that allows live cell imaging in a standard incubator using any traditional culture plate/dish. The system enables a remote control and programming as well as access to the real-time data. It supports HD phase-contrast, green and fluorescence at maginification of 4x, 10x and 20x and is a perfect tool for high content screening of drugs, viruses, doses, cytokines, etc. in the same experiment.
- C1 Single-Cell Auto Prep System (Fluidigm)
microfluidics-based platform for sizing, quantification and quality control of DNA, RNA, proteins and cells. Results are delivered within 30-40 minutes in automated, high quality digital data.
cutting-edge array scanner that utilizes BeadArray technology for a broad range of DNA and RNA analysis applications.
The Insitut Pasteur Microorganisms confinment rules that apply to the work in the CIH.
To learn about trainings on the CIH equipment please follow the link.