Welcome to the JOBIM 2011 website
June 28 - July 1st, 2011
Institut Pasteur organizes the 12th edition of the yearly French conference on bioinformatics, JOBIM (Journées Ouvertes en Biologie, Informatique et Mathématiques), sponsored by the Société Française de Bio-Informatique (SFBI).
This year, the conference will take place in Paris, from Tuesday morning June the 28th to Friday July the 1st at noon.
JOBIM was previously held in Montpellier, Nantes, Lille, Marseille, Bordeaux...
JOBIM covers the whole spectrum of bioinformatics, from methodological aspects (modeling using mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics) to software tools and applications leading to new results in biology.
Please find below a non-exhaustive list of topics:
- Genome annotation
- Comparative genomics
- Evolution and phylogeny
- Biodiversity and population genetics
- Analysis of NGS data
- RNA analysis
- Gene expression, transcriptomics
- Structural biology
- Algorithmics and statistics
- Alignment and pattern matching
- Network modelling
- Probabilistic graphical models
- Metadata and ontologies
- Databases, data integration
- Software tools
- High-performance computing, grids
- Industry (products, services, careers)
- Platform network ReNaBi
- Bioinformatics software users
What's new at JOBIM 2011
This year, parallel thematic sessions dedicated to specific topics will be implemented. This will allow more attendees to make oral presentations and contribute to reinforce informal discussionswithin the community.
Satellite meetings are withdrawn.
A parallel session on a precise topic will be held depending on the number of articles dealing with the topic we have received. For your topic to be well represented, it was therefore very important to submit broadly your work and incite your colleagues to do so.
The increasing number of oral presentations, and their selection on short or long summary, aims to encourage PhD students and post-docs to present their results at JOBIM. Prizes will be awarded to young scientists for the best presentation on poster and for the best oral presentation.
- February 8: Opening of article submissions
March 2March 9: deadline for article submissions
- April 14: Notifications to authors
- April 18: Opening of poster submissions
- May 9: Definitive version of articles
- May 12: deadline for poster submissions
May 16May 20: Deadline for early registration rates
- June 17: Deadlne for registration
- June 18 to July 1st: Conférence