The PFMU proposes different activities within the Institut Pasteur, but also national and international research in the following areas:
- Study of the interactions between microorganisms and host cells
- Morphological characterization of microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, parasites)
- Analysis of the morphological organization of biofilms
- Investigation of frozen hydrated specimens such as viruses, bacteria, proteins and liposomes
- The study of proteins/liposomes interactions by cryo-electron microscopy
Indeed, the platform has research, expertise and analysis activities; and offers services or scientific collaborations on electron microscopy techniques performed at room or low temperature. Investigators can also be trained to independantly use the systems.