Office of Patents and Inventions
Patents and Inventions
- The Office of Patents and Inventions studies the technical documents provided by the inventors for the analysis of the patentability of their scientific results.
- This Office proposes and implements a strategy for the protection of the inventions and manages the procedures involved in the depositing of patents, biological material, and softwares .
- This Office actively defends the Institut Pasteur patent portfolio in interference and in oppositions proceedings against third parties.
- This Office also manages patents involved in the convention agreements relating to our privilieged industrial partners (such as Aventis Pasteur and Bio-Rad) and academic partners (such as INSERM and CNRS).
- This Office gives assistance to the Technology Transfer Office for the negotiation of contracts concerning files dealing with industrial property.
- This Office also provides the surveillance of patents that have been deposited by competing research groups in the same domains of research as Institut Pasteur's.
- The Office of Patents and Inventions also gives assistance to the Legal Department concerning files dealing with industrial property, in particular with patents matters (litigations, European Community contracts, research contracts, etc).
- Number of DI opened in 2010 : 55
- Portfolio of priority patents that have been filed : 507
- New deposits of priority patents in 2010 : 12
- Total number of biological material deposits : 1532, including 45 new deposits in 2010