As part of the international in the service of direct scientific communication, the Institut Pasteur, with the support of the media library, tries to highlight its own publications.
The management signed in July 2006 the National Agreement Protocol under the aegis of the Department of National Education, Higher Education and Research, to deploy a common portal for scientific publications based on the HAL environment. It is OAI-compatible and developed by the Centre de la Communication Scientifique Directe (CCSD) from the CNRS.
The interface of the Institut Pasteur has been called HAL-PASTEUR : it is a specific environment from the HAL base.
There is only one HAL base with various repository environments which are either institutional (Hal-Pasteur, Hal-Inserm), thematic (Hal-SHS), or organized by document type (theses and HDR to be deposited in TEL)
Deposit your author manuscripts in Hal-Pasteur as soon as they have been accepted for publication.
What you may deposit in HAL-Pasteur :
- Full text articles published in peer-reviewed scientific journal
- Commercial editors with traditional business model (reader-pays)
The depositor should upload his or her accepted author manuscript. In addition, the publisher may require a several months embargo period on the manuscript deposit.
- Open Access or Open Choice Articles (author-pays)
In the case of an article published in open access (PloS, BMC …), or in Open Choice (hybrid model : author-pays to publish in open access in a journal with traditional business model of reader-pays), the publisher’s PDF version may be put on-line immediately after publication.
In order to know publishers’ policy concerning open archives, you may consult the Sherpa/Romeo site
- Bibliographic records containing publishing references of a book or book chapter
- Proceeding, seminar, workshop with or without peer-review
- universal and free access to the scientific output
- international visibility of research works
- duplicating of your deposit in Pubmedcentral
- dissemination speed
- publications lists export for an author, laboratory, institution, etc. in different file formats
- long-term preservation
- authorship of the research results