- Institut Pasteur
- Nous soutenir
The Institut Pasteur (Paris, France) announces an international call for candidates wishing to establish independent research groups. The recruitments are part of the Revive Laboratory of Excellence (LabEx) programme on "Stem Cells and Regenerative Biology and Medicine". Candidates will be integrated into the cutting edge interdisciplinary environment provided by the Department of Developmental & Stem Cell Biology. Candidates specializing in the field of stem cells in the context of developmental and cell biology, genetics, epigenetics, regeneration, translational research and ageing are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible, candidates must have defended their PhD on or after May 31, 2006 (women with children are eligible up to 11 yrs after their Ph.D). Successful candidates will be appointed as head of a group of up to 6 people for a period of 5 years. The budget (up to €1,500,000 over 5 years) includes the salary for the group leader, a three-year postdoctoral position, a technician’s position, part-time secretarial assistance, a substantial contribution to running costs and equipment, and access to on-campus facilities including state-of-the-art technology core facilities. Candidates should send their formal applications by E-mail to the Director of Scientific Evaluation, Prof. Alain Israël, at the Institut Pasteur (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview to be scheduled for beginning of September 2014 and recruitment decisions announced by October 2014. Further information on the Revive program can be found at http://www.pasteur.fr/revive
1. A brief introductory letter of motivation, including the name of the proposed group. Candidates are encouraged to contact the coordinator of the Revive programme Shahragim Tajbakhsh (email@example.com).
2. A Curriculum Vitae and a full publication list.
3. A description of past and present research activities (up to 5 pages with 1.5 spacing; Times 11 or Arial 10 font size).
4. The proposed research project (up 10 pages with 1.5 spacing; ; Times 11 or Arial 10 font size).
5. The names of 3 scientists from whom letters of recommendation can be sought, together with the names of scientists with a potential conflict of interest from whom evaluations should not be requested.