- Institut Pasteur
- Support us
The new president of Institut Pasteur has defined bioinformatics as strategic priorities. A "center for bioinformatics, biostatistics and integrative biology" will soon be created with the goal to strengthen computational activities. In this context, the institute plans to hire 40 bioinformaticians over a period of 4 years. A first series of hires is planned for 2014 in order to address the most pressing needs.
The following positions are now open: 2 experts in biostatistics & 3 experts in bioinformatics
Support the research units and platforms that require statistical or bioinformatics expertise and analysis of their data. This support will encompass different aspects:
- offer advice and guidance in the application of existing analysis methods and tools
- monitor and evaluate new methods and tools
- where needed, develop new methods and analysis tools
- analyze data in collaboration with research units and platforms
- take an active role in the construction of research projects requiring in-depth statistical analysis, in collaboration with research units and platforms
- offer training in biostatistics and bioinformatics for the campus
- maintain methods and tools developed in the Institute and integrate them into central solutions (Galaxy, Mobyle..)
- participate in activities to federate the bioinformatics community on campus
Engineer or with equivalent academic training in statistics, applied mathematics, physics or a related field, with a significant professional experience in research or research support, in the industry or in an academic environment.
The position requires solid training and/or experience in bioinformatics and/or statistics applied to biological data, particularly data generated by high-throughput sequencing, as well as excellent communication skills and an interest for collaborative work.